Unit 5 Essential Questions
- What were the events in China, Ethiopia and Spain that led to global conflict and why did Germany begin to annex neighboring territories?
- Why is the invasion of Poland considered the beginning of WWII and how did the United States contribute to the war effort?
- Why did Hitler have to fight the war on two fronts and how did the United States get involved in the war?
- What was the Holocaust and what were the ideological and social understandings that led to this tragedy?
- What have been the lasting legacies of the Holocaust and the invention of nuclear weapons in the second half of the 20th Century?
- Determine how the events in China, Ethiopia and Spain led to global conflict and explain why Germany began to annex neighboring territories.
- Identify the invasion of Poland as the beginning of WWII and evaluate contributions made by the United States that aided
- in the war effort.
- Discuss Hitler's fighting the war on two fronts and explain how the United States entered the war
- Examine the Holocaust and the end of the war in Europe and Asia and how the atomic bomb changed everything.
- The Second World War was a global conflict that had its roots in the failure of the Treaty of Versailles to foster any meaningful commitment to global cooperation or a vision of economic interdependence.