Unit 6 Essential Questions
1. After WWII, why did tensions grow between American, British & Soviet leaders.
2. How did the tensions following W.W. II lead to the divisions of Europe & the beginning of the Cold War?
3. What were the new national organizations that were created, and what did they provide?
4. How did tensions between nations effect society, the economy and politics?
Unit 6 Enduring Understandings
1. Identify the complex competition among ideologies, economic systems, and national liberation movements in the post-war, post-imperial period.
2. Determine the events that occurred during the Cold War
3. Identify and explain how events shaped American and international policies
4. Analyze the effects of the Cold War on society, the economy and politics
5. Compare the creations of NATO and the resulting Warsaw Pact.